Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Alivia - One Month Old

We cannot believe that our sweet baby girl is one month old today! At Alivia's last doctor visit, the doctor wasn't happy with her weight gain. She weighed 8 lbs. 10 ozs. at birth and then lost a pound before we left the hospital. She had only gained a few ounces back at her last appointment and the doctor told Alivia he wanted to see more weight the next time he seen her. Well, apparently, Ms. Alivia enjoys a challenge! At her weight check this morning, she weighed in at exactly 10 lbs!! I nearly fell over! I've been worrying that she wasn't getting enough milk....I guess that's one worry I can cross off my list!! In addition to her healthy weight, Alivia is very alert and can roll from her tummy to her back when she's really mad about tummy time (she did it twice in a row for me)! We are trying not to rush these things though :o) We are still just loving every minute and cannot give enough thanks for this blessing God has given us!

3 comments:

Casey and Kim said...

She is gorgeous!! She is also the most alert newborn I have ever seen!! Love you guys!!

The Lewis's said...

Wow one month already! Boy that has flown by. She is adorable!

Amanda said...

That's amazing! What a good little eater!

I just love all that pink! Isn't it so much fun?!!